We have all heard time and time again about the benefits of a capsule wardrobe. The hype surrounding this seemingly unachievable state of organisation has made it a daunting concept.
Imagine committing to a few key pieces? What if you chose the wrong things? Won’t it cost a fortune to build this holy-grail of supposed simplicity?
Yes, it’s often difficult to know where to start. However, all you need to know is what flatters your figure and where to shop for items that will offer you the best fit without blowing your budget. Online stores such as JD Williams who specialise in plus size clothing may be a better option than the high street as you can see pictures of the clothes on women, offering an idea of how it will look on you. You are also more likely to keep within your budget, and not get side-tracked by things you don’t need.
Many online retailers also offer incentives such as money off your first order, which will be a good saving if you find all your key pieces on one site.
And now for the all-important list! For your capsule wardrobe you will need:
- a smart coat to dress up any outfit
- a plain t-shirt (white is mega-versatile but bright tees are also a good choice)
- a smart shirt or blouse
- a pair of smart trousers that can be worn to work or with heels on a night out
- a classic blazer can be worn as cool daywear or glammed up in the evening
- a pair of flat shoes (plus size clothing retailers offer a range of shoes to accommodate both larger and wider feet)
- jeans that flatter your shape. Wide leg jeans work wonders for hourglass figures while the straight leg is everyone’s best friend. Curvier women – look out for high-waisted styles to offer more support
- a beautiful pair of heels. They needn’t be uncomfortable either – look for wider fittings and comfort insoles (once again, JD Williams has a good range)
- a soft and comfortable jumper in a colour that suits your complexion
- and of course, a little black dress.